The wait is over now. Author JK Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the eighth and the final part of the Harry Potter series has been released worldwide. Fans across the world are mad to get the copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2 that went on sale at Sunday midnight. It’s predicted to be one of the best-selling books of the year.
A 10-year-old boy from the UK bought the book as soon as it released and finished reading it entirely in just 59 minutes.
So, before you try to grab your copy, here are some interesting things you should know about the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
1. The new book launched on the occasion of Harry’s birthday: Author Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the final part of the Harry Potter series came out on the occasion of Harry’s 36th birthday on July 31.
2. This book is not a novel: If you think the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a novel like earlier installments, you are mistaken. It is not a novel, but a script and a play. The first edition will be a special rehearsal edition with the script of the play, which will be followed up with a re-release of a definitive collector’s edition.
3. African Hermione is the new addition: In this new book, Africa-born Noma Dumezweni will play the role of Hermione Granger. Initially, this move was criticized by many fans. Later, J.K. Rowling came out in full support for the change and said it won’t change.
4. It is set 19 years after the Battle of Hogwarts: Harry Potter is a 36-year-old father, working at the Ministry of Magic and has three kids. Though Rowling initially said that this part will include his past, she later announced that the story is not a prequel of any sort.
5. The cursed child is Harry’s youngest son: Albus Severus Potter, Harry’s youngest son, gets burdened with his father’s legacy at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Many iconic magical creatures, objects and events make appearances later in this book.